Recipients of Grauel Faculty Fellowships, Summer Research Fellowship, and Wasmer Research Fellowships have been invited to share their work with the University community. We hope you’ll join us for these informal yet informative gatherings.
Unless otherwise noted, all sessions will be held in the O’Connell Reading Room in the Dolan Science Center. Lunch will be available at 11:45 a.m. with presentations taking place from 12 p.m. until 1 p.m. RSVPs are required. Please let Eileen Egan (email@example.com, extension 4370) know if you’d like to join us for any of the lunches.
For additional information, please contact Anne Kugler, Director of the Center for Faculty Development (firstname.lastname@example.org, extension 4770).
Schedule for 2012-2013:
Tuesday, September 11
- “I Burned at the Feast: Selected Poetry of Arseny Tarkovsky,” Phil Metres, Department of English
Monday, October 15-CANCELLED
- “Prejudice Events, Their Centrality to Self-Identity, and Psychological Distress in Sexual and Gender Minorities: Does Self-Regulation Help?” Paula Britton, Department of Education and Allied Studies
Tuesday, November 6
- “Teaching and Research through Immersions,” Dr. Erin Johnson, Department of Biology
Tuesday, November 13
- “Spatial Gradient of Vasodilation Kinetics in the Mouse Somatosensory Cortex” Peifang Tian, Department of Physics
- “Christ’s Three Questions for Protestants,” Tom Nevin, Department of Classical and Modern Languages and Cultures
Monday, December 3
- “Workshopping the Workshop: Innovations in Creative Writing Pedagogy,” Alissa Nutting, Department of English
Tuesday, February 12 – Please note change in location for this date. Scholarly Lunch will be held in Dolan Science Center, Room 202/203.
- “Masculinity and Beauty in the Twelfth Century,” Gerry Guest, Department of Art History
- “Counterterrorism, Dignitiy, and Human Rights,” Paul Lauritzen, Department of Theology & Religious Studies
Wednesday, March 13 – Please note change in location for this date. Scholarly Lunch will be held in Dolan Science Center, Room 202/203.
- “‘Not Suitable for Gentlemen’: Picture of Women in the Song Dynasty (960-1279),” Bo Liu, Department of Art History and Humanities
Wednesday, April 10– Celebration of Scholarship – Scholarly Lunch will be held in the O’Connell Reading Room in the Dolan Science Center.
- “Measurement Error Adjustment for Student and Teacher Evaluations Based on Standardized Test Scores,” Yi Shang, Department of Education and Allied Studies
Thursday, April 11- Celebration of Scholarship – Scholarly Lunch will be held in the O’Connell Reading Room in the Dolan Science Center.
- “The Question of Identity and the Multiplicitous Self,” Mariana Ortega, Department of Philosophy
- “Epigraphs and Intertextuality in the Poetry of Exiled Cuban Writer Zoe Valdes,” Megan Thornton, Department of Classical and Modern Languages and Cultures