THE SESSION SCHEDULED FOR THE SPRING 2017 SEMESTER HAS BEEN CANCELLED. PLEASE CHECK BACK IN MID-SUMMER FOR DETAILS ON THE FALL 2017 SESSION.
The SHRM Learning System is a training program that further develops your HR knowledge and also assists you in preparing for the Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification exams.
SHRM educational products are developed using the highest quality standards. A team of subject matter experts reviews each product to ensure accurate, real-life applications. In addition, SHRM programs are “living documents”— improvements and revisions are included in each reprint to incorporate the latest changes in HR practices and legislation.
The official SHRM Learning System provides a solid foundation for managing the HR challenges you face in today’s demanding work environment.
Please note that to earn either the PHR or SPHR designation, candidates must have at least (2) years of exempt-level experience in the HR field.
This program is designed for
- Employee Benefits Directors
- Employee Relations Managers
- Experienced Managers new to the human resource field
- Training Directors
- Human Resource Practitioners seeking professional development to enhance or advance their career
- Other Mid-level Managers seeking career change or promotion
- HR Professionals planning to take the PHR or SPHR certification exams
- Career Advancement: This course is strategic in nature, preparing HR professionals for career advancement opportunities. The course features open, interactive forums and real-world application. exercises to effectively reinforce the key concepts of each session.
- Cost-effective Learning: Participants minimize travel expenses for professional development.
- Practitioner-focused and Competency-based: The curriculum is designed by subject matter experts and includes application exercises that develop specific competencies and decision-making skills.
- Action-oriented Curriculum: The course provides opportunities for HR professionals to network, share real-world experiences, and apply what they’ve learned to the workplace.
- Recertification Credits: Certified HR professionals can earn credits toward PHR/SPHR recertification.
- All registered participants of John Carroll classes, live and online, will have password protected access to a variety of learning resources via the web. These web-based resources include:
- Nearly 1,000 PHR/SPHR questions and application activities
- Online pre/post testing with immediate feedback
- E Flash Cards
- Comprehensive glossary
- Access to the web-based testing site will provide an excellent opportunity for participants to prepare for the new computer-based testing used by HRCI, providers of the PHR/SPHR certification exam, increasing the student’s comfort level with computer-based testing.
The SHRM Learning System offers a way to
- Increase overall effectiveness by giving you and your fellow HR professionals a common language and body of knowledge.
- Strengthen individual competencies and productivity through effective HR training.
- Broaden the perspective of functional specialists.
- A certificate of completion for 30 Continuing Education Hours (3 CEUs).
The program content includes modules covering the functional areas of HR management.
|Module 1: Strategic Management
||Module 2: Workforce Planning and Employment
||Module 3: Human Resources Development
|Module 4: Total Rewards
||Module 5: Employee and Labor Relations
||Module 6: Risk Management