Define Yourself as an HR Leader with SHRM Certification!
The 2017 SHRM Learning System® for SHRM-CP™ and SHRM-SCP™ Certification Preparation Course
Our SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification preparation course is designed primarily for individuals seeking credentials that focus on identifying and testing the knowledge and practical real-life experiences HR professionals around the world need to excel in their careers today.
Earning your SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential establishes you as a recognized expert in the HR field. These new certifications recognize that HR professionals are at the core of leading organizational success:
- Built on one singular Body of Competency and Knowledge (SHRM BoCK™) designed to elevate the HR profession around the world.
- Tests the HR professional’s competency—the ability to put that knowledge to work through critical thinking and application.
- Demonstrates that the HR professional is a technical expert and has mastered the application of HR technical and behavioral competencies, through practice and experience, to drive business results.
This certification preparation program covers four knowledge domains: HR Competencies, People, Organization, and Workplace. For more information on these new credentials visit www.SHRMCertification.org
This intensive 42 hour/14 week program combines expert instruction with the 2017 SHRM Learning System, so you will learn faster, retain more knowledge and stay on track as you prepare for the exam.
Spring 2017 Certification Preparation Course for the SHRM-CP™ and SHRM-SCP™
John Carroll University
January 30 – May 8, 2017 — NOTE NEW START DATE
Mondays, 6:00 – 9:00 pm
Dolan Center for Science and Technology, room 202-203
Cost = $1,100 for SHRM members, $1,200 for non-members
Rose Ann Kay, SHRM-SCP, SPHR, GPHR has over 25 years experience as a human resource professional. Currently she is principal of Humanics, LLC. Humanics provides HR consulting and training services to client organizations. Previously she held positions at Employers Resource Council, STERIS Corporation, and Curtis Industries, Inc. She also holds an M.B.A. in Labor/Human Resource Planning from Case Western Reserve University and a BS in Industrial Management from the University of Akron. Kay is a certified SHRM-SCP, SPHR and GPHR.
As an added advantage, we use the SHRM Learning System, which has a long and established track record of helping HR certification candidates beat average pass rates. It features relevant HR content and advanced tools that streamline study time, accelerate learning and build confidence for passing the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP exam.
The course investment includes all course materials but does not cover registration for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP examinations.
Who should enroll:
- HR professionals qualified under SHRM requirements for SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP certification who are preparing for the exam. Visit: Exam Eligibility.
- Individuals who want advanced education and training for a successful HR career.
- HR professionals wanting a broader education or to update their HR knowledge.
- HR professionals who want to enhance their marketability by gaining current HR knowledge.
The SHRM Learning System is comprised of four modules of study based on the SHRM BoCK
- Leadership & Navigation
- Ethical Practice
- Business Acumen
- Relationship Management
- Critical Evaluation
- Global & Cultural Effectiveness
- Talent Acquisition
- HR Strategic Planning
- Employee Engagement & Retention
- Learning & Development
- Total Rewards
- Structure of the HR Function
- Organizational Effectiveness & Development
- Workforce Management
- Employee & Labor Relations
- Technology Management
- HR in the Global Context
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Risk Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Employment Law & Regulations (U.S. only)