Enrich your HR Skills and Competencies to Succeed
The 2015 SHRM Learning System® for SHRM-CP™ and SHRM-SCP™ Certification Preparation Course
Click here to register for Spring 2015!!!
Our SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification preparation course is designed primarily for individuals seeking credentials that focus on identifying and testing the knowledge and practical real-life experiences HR professionals around the world need to excel in their careers today.
Earning your SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential establishes you as a recognized expert in the HR field. These new certifications recognize that HR professionals are at the core of leading organizational success:
- Built on one singular Body of Competency and Knowledge (SHRM BoCK™) designed to elevate the HR profession around the world.
- Tests the HR professional’s competency—the ability to put that knowledge to work through critical thinking and application.
- Demonstrates that the HR professional is a technical expert and has mastered the application of HR technical and behavioral competencies, through practice and experience, to drive business results.
This certification preparation program covers four knowledge domains: People, Organization, Workplace and Strategy as well as eight behavioral competencies; Leadership & Navigation, Ethical Practice, Business Acumen, Relationship Management, Consultation, Critical Evaluation , Global & Cultural Effectiveness, and Communication. For more information on these new credentials visit www.SHRMCertification.org
This intensive 36 hour/12 week program combines expert instruction with the 2015 SHRM Learning System, so you will learn faster, retain more knowledge and stay on track as you prepare for the exam.
Spring 2015 Certification Preparation Course for the SHRM-CP™ and SHRM-SCP™
John Carroll University
January 26 – May 11, 2015
6:00 – 9:00 pm
Dolan Center for Science and Technology
Cost = $1,000 for SHRM Members, $1,075 for non-SHRM members
*Intro to the new SHRM Certification on Wed 1/7/15 6-7:30 — Introduction to the new SHRM Certification, meet our instructor, complimentary but reservations required. Email Deanna DePenti at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in attending.
*Intro to course on Wed 1/21/15 from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm (for those who register for the course only)
Rose Ann Kay, SPHR, GPHR has over 25 years experience as a human resource professional. Currently she is principal of Humanics, LLC. Humanics provides HR consulting and training services to client organizations. Previously she held positions at Employers Resource Council, STERIS Corporation, and Curtis Industries, Inc. She also holds an M.B.A. in Labor/Human Resource Planning from Case Western Reserve University and a BS in Industrial Management from the University of Akron. Kay is a certified SPHR and GPHR.
As an added advantage, we use the SHRM Learning System, which has a long and established track record of helping HR certification candidates beat average pass rates. It features relevant HR content and advanced tools that streamline study time, accelerate learning and build confidence for passing the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP exam.
The course investment includes all course materials but does not cover registration for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP examinations.
Who should enroll:
- HR professionals qualified under SHRM requirements for SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP certification who are preparing for the exam. Visit: Exam Eligibility.
- Individuals who want advanced education and training for a successful HR career.
- HR professionals wanting a broader education or to update their HR knowledge.
- HR professionals who want to enhance their marketability by gaining current HR knowledge.
Knowledge Domain Details
- Leadership & Navigation
- Ethical Practice
- Business Acumen
- Relationship Management
- Critical Evaluation
- Global & Cultural Effectiveness
- Talent Acquisition & Retention
- Employee Engagement
- Learning & Development
- Total Rewards
- Structure of the HR Function
- Organizational Effectiveness & Development
- Workforce Management
- Employee Relations
- Technology & Data
- HR in the Global Context
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Risk Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Employment Law & Regulations (U.S. only)
- Business & HR Strategy