The Official SHRM Learning System
- Mondays, 6 – 9 p.m. (held in Dolan Science Center, Room A202/203)
- January 28 through, and including, May 6, 2013
- Total of 12 class sessions
- Nights when no classes will be held will be provided the first night of class.
- NOTE: This class does not necessarily follow the JCU calendar of classes.
- For SHRM members tuition is $1000
- For non-members tuition is $1075
- Tuition deadline is Monday, January 21, 2013
Your tuition includes:
- Complete set of materials which includes workbooks that are based on the HRCI test specifications, updated for 2013
- John Carroll University Certificate of Completion
- Access to web-based learning resources including online assessment, post and module tests; Flashcards; Audio/Web/Podcasts; a comprehensive glossary and case study. All ofering a perfect way to prepare for the computer-based testing (CBT) PHR or PSHR certification examination.
Rose Ann Kay, SPHR, GPHR has over 25 years experience as a human resource professional. Currently she is principal of Humanics, LLC. Humanics provides HR consulting and training services to client organizations. Previously she held positions at Employers Resource Council, STERIS Corporation, and Curtis Industries, Inc. She also holds an M.B.A. in Labor/Human Resource Planning from Case Western Reserve University and a BS in Industrial Management from the University of Akron. Kay is a certified SPHR.
This multi-week classroom course utilizes the SHRM Learning System. Human resource professionals will review and fine-tune their perspectives and understanding of the field. The course is also designed to help participants prepare for the Professional in Human Resources (PHR) Examination and the Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) Examination, both sponsored by the Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI).
Tuition includes all student materials, interactive web-based learning resources, parking, and certificate of attendance. This program is eligible for tuition reimbursement from many companies. Note: tuition for the course does not include the cost to register and sit for the exam. See “Exam Information” below.
Cancellation policy: Registrants may withdraw prior to the course start date with a full refund less a $50 processing fee. Cancellations must be in writing and received before the class begins. There will be no refunds for withdrawals after the course begins.
The classroom course is designed to provide participants with in-depth study of key areas in human resource management. The course contains six modules that correspond to the body of knowledge as defined by the Human Resource Certification Institute:
- Business Management and Strategy
- Workforce Planning and Employment
- Human Resource Development
- Conpensation and Benefits
- Employee and Labor Relations
- Risk Management
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE IN THE SHRM LEARNING SYSTEM COURSE:
- Employee Benefits Directors
- Employee Relations Managers
- Experienced Managers new to the human resource field
- Training Directors
- Human Resource Practitioners seeking professional development to enhance or advance their careers
- Other Mid-Level Managers seeking career change
- HR Professionals planning to take the PHR or SPHR certification exams.
Human Resource Certificate Institute (HRCI) is the leading generalist certification organization in the human resource field. Professionals preparing to take the next PHR or SPHR Certification Examination should contact HRCI at www.hrci.org or 866.898.HRCI (4724) for Exam eligibility requirements, registration information, and related fees.