NSF S-STEM MIRRORS Scholars at John Carroll University
John Carroll University students pursuing science and technology majors may now apply for Molding Identity & Raising Retention through Opportunities for Reflection In STEM (MIRRORS) scholarships. These scholarships, funded from the National Science Foundation’s Scholarships in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (S-STEM) program, will provide up to $4,000 per year to low-income students with demonstrated financial need and academic promise to succeed in STEM disciplines at JCU. Scholarships are renewable for students who continue to meet eligibility requirements.
Priority application deadline is February 1, 2020
The NSF S-STEM MIRRORS program will provide scholarships to students who are pursuing bachelor’s degrees in STEM disciplines. For transfer students starting Fall 2020 and Fall 2021, the program will support students with two years of funding.
Program components for transfer students include:
– Enhanced, STEM-specific activities integrated into JCU’s transfer student orientation;
– A summer bridge program, preparing students for advanced STEM coursework, imparting key skills for academic success, and developing connections with students, staff, and faculty;
– A cohort advising course to introduce scholars to the JCU community and reinforce relevant skills at each stage of their academic development;
– An Entering Science and an Entering Research course to scaffold the experience of MIRRORS scholars as they prepare for and participate in academic and research experiences at JCU and beyond;
– Peer-Led Team Learning (PLTL) activities complementing key STEM courses;
– Competitive funds to support summer research and attendance at scientific meetings.
For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Rebecca Drenovsky
Office of Graduate Studies
John Carroll University
1 John Carroll Blvd
University Heights, OH 44118