College of Arts & Sciences

CAS Forms and Petitions

See the Office of the Registrar’s Services and Forms page for:

  • Application for Declaration of Major
  • Application for Declaration of Minor
  • Request to Remove Major, Minor, or Concentration
  • Transcripts
  • Verifications
  • Change of Address/Name Form
  • Cross Registration
  • Pass/Fail Option
  • Course Audit
  • Complete Withdrawal and Leave of Absence
  • Proxy Access
  • Graduation Major/Minor/Concentration Audit Form
  • Update Academic Interests (for students who have not declared a major)
  • Update Expected Graduation Date

Academic Petition Form
The Academic Petition form is accessed through BannerWeb: Enter Secure Area, then go to the Academic tab / Registration and Academic Services page
Students should use this form to request:

  • substitution of courses
  • special requests about the core curriculum
  • course overloads (registering for more than 18 credit hours in a semester)
  • transient petitions 
  • repeat a course (students may repeat only once a course in which they receive a C- or lower. The higher grade received will be counted in their cumulative GPA; the other grade will remain on the transcript but will not count toward the cumulative GPA, nor will it count for credit toward graduation. Repeated courses must be taken at John Carroll).

Boler School of Business Worksheet

Contact Information – Student Resources

Degree Evaluation

Independent Study
For students who demonstrate superior ability, an instructor may suggest a plan of independent study that shall include some remission of the obligation of regular class attendance. Independent-study plans in each case shall have the recommendation of the department chair and approval of the appropriate dean. Please complete the Independent Study Contract and complete all areas including securing the appropriate signatures. After final approval by the dean, it is the student’s responsibility to register for the course with the Registration Office in the Student Service Center.
Download the Independent Study Contract
(save the file to your computer before filling in fields)

Self-Designed Major and Minor
The College of Arts and Sciences supports optional self-designed majors and minors for students with an expressed interest in an area of study not otherwise available at JCU.

Student Request for Advisor Change

UG Graduate Coursework Application Process
Seniors of exceptional ability in the undergraduate programs of the university may apply to receive credit for graduate courses completed in excess of the undergraduate degree requirements. Application for Graduate Studies and written approval of the appropriate undergraduate dean must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the date of registration.