- Application for Declaration of Major
- Application for Minor or Concentration
- Application to Drop Major
- Application for Dropping Minor or Concentration
- Boler School of Business Worksheet
- Contact Information – Student Resources
- How to Obtain a Degree Evaluation on Banner Web
- Minor/Concentration Audit Form
- Self-Designed Major and Minor Guidelines
- Student Action and Referral Form
- Student Request for Advisor Change
- Online Academic Petition
In the event that a student requests a substitution of courses, a special request of the Core Committee, an extension of time to complete course work, or to request a major course substitution, an Academic Petition is used.
- Course Audit Request Form
- Course Overload Permission Form
Students intending to register for more than 18 hours for the upcoming semester should review and complete the form. The student’s advisor must sign the form and it must be returned to the academic dean of the appropriate college.
- Independent Study
For students who demonstrate superior ability, an instructor may suggest a plan of independent study that shall include some remission of the obligation of regular class attendance. Independent-study plans in each case shall have the recommendation of the department chair and approval of the appropriate dean. Please complete the Independent Study Contract and complete all areas including securing the appropriate signatures. After final approval by the dean, it is the student’s responsibility to register for the course with the Registration Office in the Student Service Center.
Download the Independent Study Contract. (note: save file to your computer before filling in fields)
- Pass/Fail Course Option Form
Students who have obtained sophomore status are permitted to take up to six courses on the Pass/Fail basis with restrictions outlined in the Undergraduate Bulletin under the Academic Policies and Procedures section. Please refer to those guidelines. Print the Pass/Fail form, complete the form, and make an appointment with the Assistant Deans’ Office (phone: 216.397.4219) to have the request approved.
- Repeat a Course
Students may repeat only once a course in which they receive a C- or lower. The higher grade received will be counted in their cumulative GPA; the other grade will remain on the transcript but will not count toward the cumulative GPA, nor will it count for credit toward graduation. Repeated courses must be taken at John Carroll. To repeat a course, students must submit an online academic petition to their advisor and the appropriate academic dean.
- Transient Petition
Want to take a summer course closer to home? You’ll need a course description from the school where you want to take the course and the online petition form completed. When your course is complete transcripts should be sent to the Registrar at John Carroll University.
- UG Graduate Coursework Application Process
Seniors of exceptional ability in the undergraduate programs of the university may apply to receive credit for graduate courses completed in excess of the undergraduate degree requirements. Application for Graduate Studies and written approval of the appropriate undergraduate dean must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the date of registration.
- See the Office of the Registrar’s Services and Forms page for information on:
- Change of Address/Name Form
- Pass/Fail Option
- Course Audit
- Complete Withdrawal and Leave of Absence
- Academic Petition Form
- Web4Parent (Parent Access for Student Information)
- Graduation Major/Minor/Concentration Audit Form
- Update Academic Interests (for students who have not declared a major)
- Update Expected Graduation Date (let us know when you plan to graduate)