An academic hold will be placed on the record of a student who has earned enough credits to declare a major but who has not yet declared. This hold will be removed once the student completes the declaration process or has a feasible academic plan approved by his/her advisor. The College of Arts and Sciences uses these holds to help students stay on track for the completion of degree requirements in four years. Please consult the Office of the Assistant Deans for the College of Arts and Sciences at 216-397-4211 for further information.