My name is Victoria Eder and I am a 2017 alum of John Carroll University. I began interning as a Career Assistant at The Center for Career Services my Junior year of college. Not only did I gain valuable work skills, I also had the opportunity to work closely with the knowledgeable staff at the Center for Career Services. The staff was always willing to look over my resume, search for job opportunities, or even just take time out of their busy days to discuss my career questions.

Throughout my four years at JCU, I had many doubts about entering the Business World and the staff was more than willing to help me work out my options. It was clear that they truly cared about me and all of the students at JCU.

After talking about it at the Career Center and with other mentors, I made the best choice of my professional life. I made the decision to become a teacher and I have never been happier.

Once I made this decision at the end of my junior year, I began looking on John Carroll’s Career Connections for teaching related opportunities. Career Connections has everything from babysitting to Full Times jobs listed from local and non-local companies. Through Career Connections, I got a job working at an After School Program at a local private school in my senior year.

Since then, I was offered a fulltime teaching position at that school once I graduated. I am now working in my dream profession and I have the Center for Career Services to thank. The Center for Career Services provides skills and career building resources that every student at John Carroll should take advantage of when preparing for their future. Go Blue Streaks!

Posted on November 6, 2017
||