John Carroll University, June 3-8, 2014
Getting to JCU
John Carroll University is approximately 30 minutes from Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE). For full information on how to reach the campus via all modes of transportation, visit:
Planning Your Arrival and Departure
We have designed the CMLI schedule to allow participants to arrive on Tuesday, June 3 and depart on Sunday, June 8, avoiding the need to book additional nights to accommodate travel. On Tuesday registration will take place from 3-4:45 p.m. and is followed by our opening liturgy at 5:00, dinner at 6:30, and our formal welcome at 7:30. On Sunday participants may depart at any time; the CMLI program concludes with our banquet and entertainment on Saturday evening.
Staying Extra Nights
For some teams, CMLI may be a rare opportunity to visit an exciting new city (home to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, among other things). You will have one free evening with dinner on your own, and we will provide suggestions about fun things to do that night. If you would like more time to explore and sightsee, you are welcome to arrive a day early or stay a day late. You can make these arrangements on your registration form for just $30 per person per night.
Click here for an overview of the CMLI schedule: http://webmedia.jcu.edu/campusministry/files/2014/01/Schedule-Session-One-for-Web.pdf
Are you looking for some ideas for your free evening or pre/post-Institute stay?
- Click here to visit the “About Cleveland” page on JCU’s website:
Accommodations & Facilities
Most of our CMLI activities will be concentrated in two buildings which are quite near each other:
- Lombardo Student Center: prayer and liturgy in St. Francis Chapel, meals, presentations and work sessions
- Millor Hall: residence hall with double rooms for students and private rooms for campus ministers; communal bathrooms (separate wings for men and women).
All facilities are handicapped accessible.
Click here to see a campus map: http://sites.jcu.edu/campus-maps/
Throughout CMLI you will experience a variety of prayer services reflecting the richness of Catholic spirituality. Mass will be an integral part of the schedule each day. For a peek at the many prayer spaces on campus, visit this link:
Your host team is comprised of six campus ministers and ten students from four campuses, who will be modeling the collaborative ministry practice which CMLI fosters. You are welcome to be in touch with any of us with questions about the Institute:
- Director: Christine Eberle, Director of Campus Ministry, Gwynedd Mercy University. Contact email@example.com or 215-641-5590.
- Site Coordinator: John Scarano, Director of Campus Ministry, John Carroll University. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 216-397-4701.
- Mentor: Sal Melendrez, Director of Campus Ministry, St. Albert the Great Newman Center, New Mexico State University. Contact email@example.com or 575-522-2432.
- Mentor: Fr. Vince Hawk, Chaplain to the Newman Center at Ashland University. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 419-994-4396.
- Liturgist: Gail Roussey, Coordinator of Liturgy, John Carroll University. Contact email@example.com or 216-397-4766.
- Liturgical Musician: Cynthia Caporella, Director of Liturgical Music & Musical Arts, John Carroll University. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (216) 397-4721.