Post-Graduate Volunteer Service Resources for Students
Information on Agencies and Organizations:
Need some more information on different agencies and what options are available? Check out the links and resources below!
- Post-Graduate Volunteer Fair: Monday, October 27, 2014 from 5:30pm-8:00pm in the LSC conference room, Lombardo Student Center
- Agency Information: to help students compare programs at a glance, each year we create a spreadsheet detailing the options that each organization offers. View the spreadsheet here: Post-Graduate Volunteer Fair Agencies.
- Agency Websites: here are some of the agencies that are planning to attend the Volunteer Fair this year or have attended in the past. Click on the organization to view their website.
Alliance for Catholic Education (ACE) Notre Dame
Alumni Volunteer Corps Canisius High School
Americas SCORES Cleveland Soccer
Amigos de Jesus
Bon Secours Volunteer Ministry
Cap Corps East
Catholic Volunteer Network
Christ the King Service Corps
Christian Appalachian Project
Cleveland Leadership Center
Colorado Vincentian Volunteers
ECHO, Parish Ministry University of Notre Dame
Franciscan Community Volunteers
Franciscan Outreach Volunteers
Good Shepherd Volunteers
Humility of Mary Volunteer Service
Jesuit Volunteer Corps
Jesuit Volunteer Corps Northwest
LU CHOICE (Loyola University Chicago Opportunities in Catholic Education)
Lutheran Volunteer Corps
Mercy Volunteer Corps
MercyWorks Volunteer Program (Mercy Home for Boys & Girls)
Passionist Volunteers International
Precious Blood Volunteers
Providence Alliance for Catholic Teachers (PACT)
PULSE – Pittsburgh Urban Leadership Experience
Redeemer Ministry Corps
Rostro de Cristo
St Martin de Porres High School
Shepherd Consortium on Poverty Summer Internship Program
St. Joseph Worker Program
St. Vincent Pallotti Center
Teach For America
Urban Catholic Teacher Corps Boston College
- Do service AND earn your Masters at the same time: Check out the Catholic Consortium for Catholic Education. UCCE is a partnership of university programs joined by the common mission of recruiting and training faith-filled, energetic teachers to strengthen, sustain, and serve in Catholic schools. Programs and schools included in the Consortium are listed below.
ACE — University of Notre Dame
ECHO — University of Notre Dame MA Theology
EPICS — Seton Hall University
GRACE — University of Saint Thomas
Lalanne — University of Dayton
LANCE — Christian Brothers University
LEAPs — Valparaiso University
LU-CHOICE — Loyola University of Chicago
LUMEN — University of Great Falls
Magis — Creighton University
operationTEACH — College of Notre Dame, Baltimore
PACE — University of Portland
PACT — Providence College
PLACE Corps — Loyola Marymount University
Remick Fellowship — Saint Mary’s University
UCTC — Boston College
- Samuel Huntington Public Service Award: this is a $10,000 stipend for graduating seniors doing a year of public service anywhere in the world. You can find info here.
Reflections and Discernment:
Do you find yourself asking…
- What do I want to do when I graduate?
- Where do I want to go?
- Who do I talk to?
- How do I find a program that’s right for me?
If so, read some of the reflections and words of wisdom below. Maybe you can gain some insight from our alumni who were once where you are now!
- Alumni History: see where our alumni have served and are serving by visiting Post-Graduate Volunteer History.
- Alumni Reflections: read some reflections from past JCU alumni who have done service after graduation. You can learn about their experience and begin to discern if this path is for you by visiting Reflections on Post-Grad Service.
- Post-Grad Q & A_Self Reflection_Basics
- Benefits of Volunteering
- Helpful Contacts
- Student Loans Post-Grad Service
Contact the Campus Ministry office at 216.397.4717 for more information.