Academic Petition Form Need approval for a class to count for a specific requirement? In the event that a student requests a substitution of courses, a special request of the Core Committee, an extension of time to complete course work, or to request a major course substitution, an Academic Petition is used.

Transient Petition Form Want to take a summer course closer to home? You’ll need a course description from the school where you want to take the course and the Transient Petition form filled out, approved, and signed. When your course is complete transcripts should be sent to the Registrar at John Carroll University.

Declare or Remove a Business, Economics or Leadership Development Minor Adding a minor adds your academic profile and enhances the educational experience Once the form is complete, your Banner record will be updated within 3 business days.

Change of Major Have you already declared a major and decided to pursue a different major in the business school? If you are already admitted to the Business School this form is to be completed and returned to your current advisor. Your advisor will then bring it to the Boler School Dean’s Office with your student file. If you are joining us from the school of Arts and Sciences you must first apply to the Boler School of Business. Please consult with your current advisor in order to apply.

Pre-Major Update Form Considering another major and you have less than 45 credit hours? At JCU, students cannot declare a major until they reach 45 credit hours. However, that does not mean you should not be thinking about which major you would like to pursue. This form is for students who have not yet declared a major, but already have the major in mind they would like to pursue. Filling out this form will ensure JCU understands your most current academic interests and allows us to ensure you have an advisor in the the correct discipline.

Student Academic for Pass/Fail Option Form Want to register for a pass/fail course this semester? You may not register for more than one pass/fail course per semester and may not use the pass/fail option for any course counted toward the university core requirements or in a major sequence, optional minor, or concentration. Business majors may not use the pass/fail option for any Business core courses. The course that you select for pass/fail will be applied only toward general electives.