Please note that the Master of Science in Laboratory Management program is not accepting new students for the Fall 2016 semester. The program will begin accepting applications for the Fall 2017 semester beginning in January 2017. For questions, please contact the Graduate Business Programs Office. If you would like to be contacted in the future with additional information about the MSLA program, please complete the Request Information Form.
- Two or more years of previous laboratory experience.
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 2.5. The degree is typically a B.S. in a science field.
The following documents are required to complete your application for review:
- Application – Apply online.
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended.
- Personal Goals Statement – an essay titled, “Graduate business education: Enabling me to achieve my personal goals and become a leader.”
- Current resume.
- At least one letter of recommendation commenting on your academic achievements, managerial capabilities, and potential in a graduate business program. The recommendation letter should be sent to the Boler School of Business Dean’s office accompanied by the Official Recommendation Form.
- Additional requirements for international students may be found here.
A completed application package must be submitted by July 1 for admission into program beginning in fall term.
The base tuition rate for graduate programs offered by the Boler School of Business is $855 per credit hour. The base tuition cost of the 30 credit hour MSA program is $25,650. This program qualifies for employer tuition reimbursement and spans three calendar years to maximize reimbursement. Course credit per calendar year is as follows:
- Year 1: Fall (4 credit hours)
- Year 2: Spring (5 credit hours), Summer (6 credit hours), Fall (5 credit hours)
- Year 3: Spring (6 credit hours), Summer (4 credit hours)
Additional fees are listed in the John Carroll University Graduate Program Bulletin. Tuition and fees are subject to change.
EMPLOYER REIMBURSEMENT PROGRAM
The Employer Reimbursement Program (ERP) allows the student to pay 33% of the semester’s total tuition and lab fees initially and pay the remaining 66% within four weeks of the last day of final exams for the semester of enrollment. The Employer Reimbursement Program is open to part-time students only and the student must be eligible to participate in their employer’s tuition reimbursement program. For additional details, please visit the JCU Bursar’s website here.