- Two or more years of full-time professional work experience.
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 2.8.
The following documents are required to complete your application for review:
- Application – Apply online.
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended.
- Official scores on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). There is no code required for the GMAT. The GRE requires code 1342.
- Personal Goals Statement – an essay titled, “Graduate business education: Enabling me to achieve my personal goals and become a leader.”
- Current resume.
- At least one letter of recommendation commenting on your academic achievements, managerial capabilities, and potential in a graduate business program. The recommendation letter should be sent to the Boler School of Business Dean’s office accompanied by the Official Recommendation Form.
- Additional requirements for international students may be found here.
Students who apply to the Part-time Boler MBA program may request a GMAT/GRE waiver based on a variety of criteria, including:
- Masters or other terminal degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- High academic achievement – a baccalaureate degree with an undergraduate GPA of 3.5 or higher from an accredited institution of higher education
- Professional business certifications such as a CPA, CFA, etc.
- Progressive work or military experience of 4 or more years with demonstrated career growth
Applicants must submit all other required application documents before a waiver will be officially granted. In addition, an admission interview may also be required before a waiver is granted. The Admissions Committee reserves the right to request a standardized test score (GMAT or GRE) from any applicant.
A completed application package must be submitted no later than 30 days prior to the start of the academic term. Applicants are admitted on a rolling basis, however, the following dates are recommended as program admission decisions are made on a competitive basis:
- Fall: August 1
- Spring: December 1
- Graduate Assistantship Consideration: February 15
- Summer: April 1
The base tuition rate for graduate programs offered by the Boler School of Business is $855 per credit hour. The base tuition cost of the 33 credit hour Part-time Boler MBA program is $28,215. Additional fees are listed in the John Carroll University Graduate Program Bulletin. Tuition and fees are subject to change.
EMPLOYER REIMBURSEMENT PROGRAM
The Employer Reimbursement Program (ERP) allows the student to pay 33% of the semester’s total tuition and lab fees initially and pay the remaining 66% within four weeks of the last day of final exams for the semester of enrollment. The Employer Reimbursement Program is open to part-time students only and the student must be eligible to participate in their employer’s tuition reimbursement program. For additional details, please visit the JCU Bursar’s website here.
Official scores on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) are required for consideration for graduate assistantships and for GMAT-based scholarships. There is no code required for the GMAT. The GRE requires code 1342.
A limited number of graduate and athletic assistantships in both academic and non-academic departments provide a tuition waiver and stipend upon selection. For more information and application instructions, click here.
All students who apply to the Part-time Boler MBA program are automatically considered for the scholarships listed below. No separate application is needed.
Boler Graduate Scholars Award: Students are eligible for this scholarship based on their GMAT (or equivalent GRE) score.
- GMAT Score 550-650 20% of program tuition (With this scholarship, the tuition cost of the Part-time Boler MBA program is $22,572.)
- GMAT Score over 650 30% of program tuition (With this scholarship, the tuition cost of the Part-time Boler Boler MBA program is $19,751.)
These scholarships are valid for nine semesters following admission and enrollment into the Part-time Boler MBA program.
Application for need-based financial aid is distinct from application for program admission. To apply for financial aid, the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) for the appropriate academic year must be submitted to the Federal Processing Center. Applicants may also qualify for Stafford Loans. You must be accepted to the program before any loan will be awarded for the spring or fall semester, and you must be registered for at least three credit hours per semester to be eligible for the Stafford Loan. Contact Financial Aid at 216.397.4248 for more information.
Additional information about student aid is available online: