If the prerequisite foundation classes have been successfully completed at the undergraduate level, the 5th Year MBA requires 30-33 credit hours to complete. The following are the classes included in the 5th Year MBA program:
Prerequisite Foundation Courses
These courses may be taken at the undergraduate level before students complete their bachelor degree or at the graduate level after they complete their bachelor degree. Students who have taken the undergraduate equivalents from an approved business program and received a minimum grade of B do not need to take the graduate level prerequisite foundation courses.
Course and Title JCU Undergraduate Equivalent
AC 521 Fundamentals of Accounting AC 221* or AC 201-202
EC 521 Fundamentals of Economics EC 221* or EC 201-202
EC 522 Business Statistics EC 207-208 or MT 122-223
or MT 228
FN 521 Fundamentals of Finance FN 312
MK 521 Principles of Marketing MK 301
MN 531 Organizational Behavior MN 325
*AC 221 and EC 221 may not be used to satisfy requirements toward the JCU undergraduate business minor.
Managerial-Focused Core Courses
These courses constitute the core of the MBA program. Students proceed through them as a cohort. One of these courses may be waived depending on the student’s undergraduate major.
AC 551 Managing Costs, Budgets, & Profits
EC 551 Business Decisions Using Economics
FN 551 Managing Financial Resources in Business
MK 551 Managing Marketing Resources for Value Creation
MN 550 Leadership and Managerial Skills
MN 556 Analytics-Driven Business Planning & Insights
For Accounting Students:
- AC 561 Comparative Accounting Systems or MN 561 Global Business (includes a required international trip; travel costs are in addition to tuition)
- In-Depth Accounting Course (topic may change from year to year)
- In-Depth Business Topics Course I or II or another In-Depth Accounting Course (topic may change from year to year)
For Non-Accounting Students:
- MN 561 Global Business (includes a required international trip; travel costs are in addition to tuition)
- In-Depth Business Topics Course I (topic may change from year to year)
- In-Depth Business Topics Course II (topic may change from year to year)
- MN 591 Corporate Social Responsibility
- MN 592 Business Strategic Management
Please contact us with any questions about this program.