If the prerequisite Boler MBA Foundation Courses have been successfully completed at the undergraduate level, the 5th Year MBA requires 30-33 credit hours to complete. The following are the classes included in the 5th Year MBA program:
Boler MBA Foundation Courses
These courses may be taken at the undergraduate level before students complete their bachelor degree or at the graduate level after they complete their bachelor degree. Students who have taken the undergraduate equivalents from an approved business program and received a minimum grade of B do not need to take the graduate level prerequisite Foundation Courses.
Course and Title JCU Undergraduate Equivalent
AC 521 Fundamentals of Accounting AC 221* or AC 201-202
EC 521 Fundamentals of Economics EC 221* or EC 201-202
EC 522 Business Statistics EC 207-208 or MT 122-223 or MT 228
FN 521 Fundamentals of Finance FN 312
MK 521 Principles of Marketing MK 301
MN 531 Organizational Behavior MN 325
*AC 221 and EC 221 may not be used to satisfy requirements toward the JCU undergraduate business minor.
5th Year MBA Core Courses
These courses constitute the Core of the MBA program. Students proceed through them as a cohort. One of these courses may be waived depending on the student’s undergraduate major.
AC 551 Managing Costs, Budgets, and Profits
EC 551 Business Decisions Using Economics
FN 551 Managing Financial Resources in Business
MK 551 Managing Marketing Resources for Value Creation
MN 550 Leadership and Managerial Skills
MN 556 Analytics-Driven Business Insights
5th Year MBA In-Depth Study Courses
- MN 562 Global Business (includes a required international trip; travel costs are in addition to tuition)
- MN 596 Contemporary Topics in Business I (topic may change from year to year)
- MN 597 Contemporary Topics in Business II (topic may change from year to year)
For Accounting Students:
- AC 561 Comparative Accounting Systems or MN 562 Global Business (includes a required international trip; travel costs are in addition to tuition)
- In-Depth Accounting Course (topic may change from year to year)
- Contemporary Topics in Business I or II or another In-Depth Accounting Course (topic may change from year to year
5th Year MBA Capstone Courses
- MN 591 Ethics and Business Environmental Issues
- MN 592 Business Strategic Management
To view the Boler 5th Year MBA Curriculum by semester please click here.
To view the Boler 5th Year MBA Curriculum for Accounting students please click here.
To view the Boler 5th Year MBA Curriculum for Graduate Assistants please click here.
To view the Boler MBA Foundation Courses Pathway for 5th Year MBA students please click here.
To view a complete list of course descriptions please click here.
Please contact us with any questions about this program.