- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 2.80.
- GMAT score of 500 or higher or equivalent GRE score – the GRE conversion tool can be found here.
- Additional requirements for international students.
The following documents are required to complete your application for review:
- Application – apply online.
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended.
- Official GMAT (no code required) or GRE (code 1342) scores.
- Personal Goals Statement – an essay titled, “Graduate business education: Enabling me to achieve my personal goals and become a leader.”
- Current resume.
- A letter of recommendation commenting on your academic achievements, managerial capabilities, and potential in a graduate business program. The recommendation letter should be sent to the Boler School of Business Dean’s office accompanied by the Official Recommendation Form.
Applicants are admitted on a rolling basis. A complete application package must be submitted no later than 30 days prior to the start of the academic term.
- Tuition (per credit hour): $855
- Additional fees are listed in the John Carroll University Graduate Program Bulletin.
- Tuition and fees are subject to change.
A limited number of graduate and athletic assistantships in both academic and non-academic departments provide a tuition waiver and stipend upon selection. For more information and application instructions, click here.
John Carroll University graduates may receive a 25% reduction in tuition for four semesters following graduation if enrolled in the 5th Year MBA program.
Any student who is pursuing the 5th Year MBA for CPA preparation is eligible for accountancy scholarships. Click here to learn more.
Students who have graduated from schools other than John Carroll University and who are not accountancy students are eligible for the Boler Graduate Scholars Award based on their GMAT (or equivalent GRE) score.
- GMAT Score 550-650 20% Reduction in Tuition
- GMAT Score over 650 30% Reduction in Tuition
All tuition reduction is for four semesters for students completing the 5th Year MBA. For more information on these awards, contact Joan Coyne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application for need-based financial aid is distinct from application for program admission. To apply for financial aid, the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) for the appropriate academic year must be submitted to the Federal Processing Center. Applicants may also quality for Stafford Loans. You must be accepted to the program before any loan will be awarded for the spring or fall semester, and you must be registered for at least three credit hours per semester to be eligible for the Stafford Loan. Contact Financial Aid at 216.397.4248 for more information.
Additional information about student aid is available online: