- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 2.8.
The following documents are required to complete your application for review:
- Application – Apply online.
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended.
- Personal Goals Statement – an essay titled, “Graduate business education: Enabling me to achieve my personal goals and become a leader.”
- Current resume.
- At least one letter of recommendation commenting on your academic achievements, managerial capabilities, and potential in a graduate business program. The recommendation letter should be sent to the Boler School of Business Dean’s office accompanied by the Official Recommendation Form.
- Additional requirements for international students may be found here.
A completed application package must be submitted no later than 30 days prior to the start of the academic term. Applicants are admitted on a rolling basis however the following dates are recommended as program admission decisions are made on a competitive basis:
- Fall: August 1
- Spring: December 1
- Graduate Assistantship Consideration: February 15
- Fellowship Consideration: March 1
- Summer: April 1
The base tuition rate for graduate programs offered by the Boler School of Business is $855 per credit hour. The base tuition cost of the 10 course, 30 credit hour Full-Time (5th Year) Boler MBA program is $25,650. Additional fees are listed in the John Carroll University Graduate Program Bulletin. Tuition and fees are subject to change.
Official scores on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) are required for consideration for fellowships, graduate assistantships, and for GMAT-based scholarships. There is no code required for the GMAT. The GRE requires code 1342.
A limited number of graduate and athletic assistantships in both academic and non-academic departments provide a tuition waiver and stipend upon selection. For more information and application instructions, click here.
All students who apply to the Full-Time (5th Year) Boler MBA program are automatically considered for the scholarships listed below. No separate application is needed. Any student who is pursuing the Full-Time (5th Year) MBA for CPA preparation is eligible for the same accountancy fellowships and/or scholarships as the MS in Accountancy students. Click here to learn more.
JCU 5th Year Scholarship: John Carroll University graduates receive this merit-based award equal to 25% of program tuition. This scholarship is valid for four semesters following graduation if enrolled in the Full-Time (5th Year) Boler MBA program. With this scholarship, the tuition cost of the Full-Time (5th Year) Boler MBA program is $19,238.
Boler Graduate Scholars Award: Students who have graduated from schools other than John Carroll University and who are not accountancy students are eligible for this scholarship based on their GMAT (or equivalent GRE) score.
- GMAT Score 550-650 20% of program tuition (With this scholarship, the tuition cost of the Full-Tme [5th Year] Boler MBA program is $20,520.)
- GMAT Score over 650 25% of program tuition (With this scholarship, the tuition cost of the Full-Time [5th Year] Boler MBA program is $19,238.)
These scholarships are valid for four semesters following graduation for students completing the Full-Time (5th Year) Boler MBA program.
Application for need-based financial aid is distinct from application for program admission. To apply for financial aid, the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) for the appropriate academic year must be submitted to the Federal Processing Center. Applicants may also qualify for Stafford Loans. You must be accepted to the program before any loan will be awarded for the spring or fall semester, and you must be registered for at least three credit hours per semester to be eligible for the Stafford Loan. Contact Financial Aid at 216.397.4248 for more information.
Additional information about student aid is available online: