Bias-related behaviors/actions occur (whether intentional or unintentional) because of:
- Peer pressure
- Lack of understanding
Report, Don’t Reinforce, Bias Related Behaviors
Bias-related behaviors are reinforced when you:
- Remain silent by not reporting incidents and/or confronting the behavior.
- Laugh at the comments and/or jokes.
- Contribute or provide additional verbal comments.
- Encourage the inappropriate behavior.
- Provide excuses for the behavior.
last updated: December 12, 2011
Next: Be Empowered: How do I file a report?