What is Bias?
Bias-related behaviors are intentional or unintentional actions against someone because of their actual or perceived:
- Ethnic or national origin
- Sexual orientation
- Other targeted aspects of one’s identity
Possible Types of Bias-Related Behaviors
- Offensive graffiti
- Degrading or offensive images
- Derogatory or offensive verbal or written comments
- Offensive jokes
- Outing someone’s sexual orientation
- Inappropriate references to one’s race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation
*Adapted from Syracuse University
last updated: December 1, 2011
Next: Be Involved: Why file a report?