Have questions or comments for us? We’d love to hear from you. Send an e-mail or make a call to let us know how we can help.
For general inquiries, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Office of Alumni Relations at 216.397.4336 or toll free at 800.736.ALUM (2586).
David Vitatoe ’00
Executive Director of Alumni Relations
Dave is a native of Akron, Ohio and graduated from John Carroll University in 2000 with a bachelor’s degree in communications. As a student, he was an All-American football player for the Blue Streaks and four-year starter from 1997-2000. Just over a decade after graduation, Dave returned to JCU as director of alumni relations and was promoted in 2014 to executive director. He also holds a master’s degree in education from Xavier University (2003) and MBA from the Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University (2012).
As executive director, Dave leads a dynamic and talented staff dedicated to offering creative, helpful and meaningful programming for the over 40,000 JCU alumni worldwide. Since 2011, the alumni office has established numerous award-winning programs like the Alumni Business Directory, the regional chapter program, Onward (alumni newsletter), the Alumni Travel Program, Student Mentoring Network and Alumni Continuing Education Series (A.C.E.S.)
Alumni Relations Coordinator
Sue joined the Office of Alumni Relations in 2008 and has worked in a variety of roles since her arrival. She is the parent of three children who have graduated from, or are currently attending, John Carroll. Her perspective as a parent of current students guides her work with the alumni office’s student outreach programs and her role as supervisor of the student workers in the University Advancement Division. Originally from Lyndhurst, Ohio, Sue is a graduate of Lakeland Community College and The Ohio Paralegal Institute (Notre Dame College).
• Manage all student outreach efforts including the Backpacks to Briefcases series, the Student Mentoring Network, and Meet a Blue Streak program
• Serve as liaison to the JCU Alumni Association Board, Enrollment Division and Center for Career Services
• Oversee and supervise University Advancement student workers
Originally from Pepper Pike, Ohio, Eric is a graduate of Ohio Wesleyan (BA) and the College of William and Mary (M.Ed.). A member of Beta Theta Pi fraternity, Eric remains active with the group, assisting with their NE Ohio Alumni Association. He is a ‘museum junkie” and enjoys Cleveland sports. Eric joined Alumni Relations in 2011.
• Manage and oversee the John Carroll University Alumni Chapter program
• Coordinate John Carroll University Alumni Life Long Learning initiatives, including the Alumni Continuing Education Series (A.C.E.S.)
• Organize and support the Gold Streaks Affinity Group (alumni of JCU who graduated at least 50 years ago) and their on and off campus programming
Carla (Lauer) Gall ’05
Carla is originally from Fort Wayne, IN and graduated from John Carroll University in 2005 with a bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education. Her love for her alma mater brought her back in 2009 to work in the Alumni Relations department. While at JCU, Carla was a Resident Assistant, member of the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority, and played tennis.
• Plan and execute Alumni Reunion Weekend
• Plan and execute with collaboration of a variety of campus departments Homecoming and Family Weekend
• Organize and support a variety of Alumni Affinity Groups including WMN, veterans, and alumni couples, and McCarthy Alumni Soccer Game
Michelle Feinberg ’08G
Manager of Special Events
Originally from Beachwood, Ohio, Michelle is a graduate of The Ohio State University (BA) and John Carroll University (NPA) Michelle is a big Cleveland sports fan who also enjoys running, reading and television game shows. Michelle joined the Alumni Relations team in 2010.
• Plan and execute campus wide and alumni events such as the Alumni Awards Dinner, Alumni Golf Classic and the Muldoon Awards
• Coordinate Presidential events in cities across the country where we have a large population of alumni.
Kevin Hatgas ’02, 10G
Assistant Director for Alumni Communications
Kevin graduated with an undergraduate degree in English is 2002 and began his career at JCU in 2003 as an Admission Counselor. In 2010, he earned his MBA from the Boler School of Business and was subsequently hired by the Integrated Marketing and Communications department. Kevin joined the Alumni Relations team in the fall of 2014. For reasons known only to him, he is an avid Cleveland Browns fan.
• Plan and implement marketing & communication strategies for alumni events
• Manage @jcualumni Twitter and @jcualumni Instagram accounts
• Offer communication support for entire Alumni Relations team
For a complete list of University Advancement Staff, click here.