John Carroll University FAFSA School Code: 003050
1. Create your FSA ID at www.fsaid.ed.gov. You can apply anytime for your FSA ID. Your ID will be used as an electronic signature for you and your parents on the FAFSA application every year.
2. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov. The FAFSA is available beginning October 1 of each year. You can apply directly online at www.fafsa.gov.
- Families may be able to select the IRS Data Retrieval option on the FAFSA to transfer tax information to the FAFSA. We strongly encourage you to select this option during the initial filing or when subsequent corrections are made to your FAFSA. This option will streamline and expedite the processing of your financial aid application. Click here for more information on the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.
3. Review your Student Aid Report (SAR). After you submit your FAFSA you will receive a SAR either sent to your email address (if you listed it on your application) or your home address. Please review this document for errors. If you notice any errors, you can make the corrections online or, if you filed a paper FAFSA, the Office of Financial Aid can make them for you.
4. Wait for your John Carroll financial aid award. Beginning in January, we will mail out financial aid awards to families. Our award will detail the types of aid you are receiving, how much John Carroll will cost, and your choices of loans and other borrowing and payment options. Our staff is available for questions in understanding your award.