We have posted an informal guideline below to help incoming students understand the timing of the admission and financial aid process. Note: the timeline is not a series of deadlines. It is never too late to apply for financial assistance. Do not hesitate to call us, even if the semester has begun.
Suggested Timeline for New Fall Students
- October: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- November: Complete the Admissions application for full scholarship consideration.
- January: Award letters are mailed on a weekly basis. Our award will detail the types of aid you are receiving, how much John Carroll will cost, and your choices of loans and other borrowing and payment options. Our staff is available for questions in understanding your award.
- March/April: Accept your award online through your Gateway. Complete Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note (MPN) if accepting Stafford loans.
- Send in your $300 Enrollment Deposit.
- May: Parents and students should begin considering payment options and apply for a parent or alternative loan if needed
- June/July: Attend Orientation and learn about payment and billing cycles and options. Meet with Student Enrollment and Financial Services for any questions specific to your family situation that you feel we need to know.
- July: Fall semester bills sent out.
- August: On-campus residents move-in and classes begin.