Please click on one of the following topics for a quick explanation of how to…
- Apply for Financial Aid
- Accept Your Aid
- Complete the Stafford Loan Process
- Get a Job on Campus
- View My Bill
- Reset a BannerWeb PIN (once locked out of the account)
- Apply for a Private Loan
- Apply for a Parent PLUS Loan
- Apply for your PIN at www.pin.ed.gov.You can apply anytime for your Federal Personal Identification Number (PIN). Your PIN will be used as an electronic signature for you and your parents on the FAFSA application every year.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at http://fafsa.ed.gov. You can complete the FAFSA even if you have not yet filed your federal/state taxes by using your prior year’s federal tax return as an estimate. After your actual taxes are filed, you have the ability to make any necessary corrections online with the actual amounts.
- Review your Student Aid Report (SAR). After you submit your FAFSA you will receive a SAR either sent to your email address (if you listed it on your application) or your home address. Please review this document for errors. If you notice any errors, you can make the corrections online or the Office of Financial Aid can make them for you.
- Wait for your John Carroll financial aid award. Beginning in late February, we will mail out financial aid awards to families. Our award will detail the types of aid you are receiving, how much John Carroll will cost and your choices of loans and other borrowing and payment options. Our staff is available for questions in understanding your award.
- Go online to www.jcu.edu/bannerweb and enter “Secure Area.”
- Login using your Student/Banner ID and Pin number.
- Access the Student Financial Services tab and select “My Financial Aid Award.”
- In order to access your award, you must accept “Terms and Conditions.” Once accepted you will have access to “Award and Messages.”
- Choose Decline or Accept for each fund. If you wish to accept an amount other than the offered amount, enter the lesser amount in the “Accept Partial Amount” field (you are entering the amount for the entire academic year).
How to Complete the Stafford Loan Process
- After accepting your Federal Stafford Loans in your BannerWeb account, you must complete the Federal Direct Loan Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note.
- Complete Federal Direct Loan Entrance Counseling by going to www.studentloans.gov.
- Complete and Sign a Federal Direct Master Promissory Note (MPN) at www.studentloans.gov.
- Electronically sign your MPN with your Federal Personal Identification Number (PIN). This is the same PIN from filing the FAFSA. If you do not remember your PIN you can obtain it at www.pin.ed.gov.
How to Get a Job on Campus
- To search for jobs, go to our On-Campus Jobs site.
- Click on the “Available Jobs” link on the left side of the page.
- Review “Available Positions” by clicking the title of the position.
- Contact the supervisor for the particular job that interests you.
- Ask questions regarding the available position.
- Set up an interview.
- Obtain all necessary paperwork from supervisor.
- Once hired, bring all completed paperwork to Financial Aid (including two original forms of ID from the back of the I-9 Worksheet. Copies will not be accepted.).
You do not have to be a work study student to obtain a job on campus. All paperwork must be turned in at one time.
How to View My Bill
- Log into your BannerWeb account at www.jcu.edu/bannerweb.
- Click on “Student Financial Services.”
- Click “View Account Statement.”
- Select the “Statement Bill Date.”
How to Reset a BannerWeb PIN (once locked out of the account)
Once you have entered an incorrect PIN three times in the system, you will be locked out of BannerWeb.
- Contact the Enrollment Services at 216.397.4248.
- Ask to speak with an Enrollment Services Counselor.
- BannerWeb PIN will be reset, and a new PIN will be emailed to you.
How to Apply for a Private Loan
- Go to the Private loan section of the Financial Aid website.
- Read directions for private loan options.
- Choose one of the options presented and click on the link to apply for the loan.
- Go to the Parent PLUS loan section of the Financial Aid website.
- Read and follow the full set of directions for the Parent PLUS Loan.