Students receiving financial aid funded by the State government or by the Federal government (Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, TEACH, Federal Work Study, Federal Perkins Loan, Federal Stafford Loan, and Federal PLUS Loan), as well as all John Carroll University funding, must conform to the University’s Standards of Academic Progress. These guidelines encourage students to successfully complete courses for which aid is received.

These financial aid standards of academic progress are separate from, and in addition to, academic standards required by the University for continued enrollment. In order to receive financial aid at John Carroll University, a student must be enrolled, be making satisfactory academic progress toward graduation, and remain in good academic standing. All students receiving financial aid will be reviewed at the end of each semester.