Office of Financial Aid Code of Conduct
The Financial Aid Office at John Carroll University is a member of NASFAA, the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators. We abide by NASFAA’s Code of Conduct for Institutional Financial Aid Professionals which states that an institutional financial aid professional is expected to always maintain exemplary standards of professional conduct in all aspects of carrying out his or her responsibilities, specifically including all dealings with any entities involved in any manner in student financial aid, regardless of whether such entities are involved in a government sponsored, subsidized, or regulated activity. In doing so, those employed by the Financial Aid Office at John Carroll University are bound by the following:
- Refrain from taking any action for our personal benefit.
- Refrain from taking any action that we believe is contrary to law, regulation, or the best interests of the students and parents we serve.
- Ensure that the information we provide is accurate, unbiased, and does not reflect any preference arising from actual or potential gain.
- Remain objective in making decisions and advising the administration of John Carroll University regarding relationships with any entity involved in any aspect of student financial aid.
- Refrain from soliciting or accepting anything of other than nominal value from any entity involved in the making, holding, consolidating, or processing of any student loans, including anything of value (including reimbursement of expenses) for serving on an advisory board or as part of a training activity or of sponsored by any entity.
- Disclose to the administration of John Carroll University any involvement with or interest in any entity involved in any aspect of student financial aid.
To view NASFAA’s Statement of Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct for Institutional Financial Aid Professionals, go to: http://www.nasfaa.org/mkt/about/Statement_of_Ethical_Principles.aspx