Running a private institution generates many expenses so that we can provide students with excellence in teaching, learning, and research. Tuition dollars play a vital role in our overall budget to provide these services. But there are a few things to consider about investing in a John Carroll education.
John Carroll has a commitment to financial aid and affordability for our students.
- We award nearly $36 million in financial aid each year.
- Merit scholarship programs reward academics, leadership and commitment to service.
- Our need-based financial aid helps families from across the economic spectrum be able to enroll and graduate without significant financial burden.
2018-2019 Expenses for Full-Time Undergraduates
|On-Campus Student||Commuter Student|
|Tuition: $39,840||Tuition: $39,840|
|Room and Board: $11,874*||Room and Board: $0|
|Fees: $1,500||Fees: $1,500|
|Total: $53,214||Total: $41,340|
*Room and board rates will vary based on the building, room type and amenities, and meal plan chosen.
- To see a more detailed breakdown of the 2018-2019 Cost of Attendance for Undergraduate Students, click here.
- To see a more detailed breakdown of the 2017-2018 Cost of Attendance for Undergraduate Students, click here.
- To view the breakdown of costs based on living choices as well as an explanation of our mandatory fees, click here.
- Withdrawal Schedule for Tuition and Fees
2018-2019 Graduate School Tuition per credit Hour
Boler School of Business: $900
College of Arts & Sciences: $730
- To see a more detailed breakdown of the 2018-2019 Cost of Attendance for Graduate Students, click here.
2017-2018 Graduate School Tuition per Credit Hour
Boler School of Business: $870
College of Arts & Sciences: $705
- To see a more detailed breakdown of the 2017-2018 Cost of Attendance for Graduate Students, click here.
The number of credit hours you are registered for determines your enrollment status. Click here to learn more.