Related to Government policy, our office:
- Monitors legislative, regulatory, and policy issues related to higher education, particularly federal and state appropriation and authorization bills and coordinate the University’s response in collaboration with national, regional, and local associations and allies. This is an oversight function that may entail delegation of responsibility to others.
- Works with colleagues to develop and implement activities designed to obtain legislative and other support for positions advocated by the University.
- Cultivates relationships with state and federal officials and their staff.
- Collaborates with appropriate national and state associations of higher education to communicate consistent positions on public policy issues to elected and appointed officials.
- Drafts position statements and correspondence on policy issues on behalf of the University president and other leaders.
- Coordinates “grass-roots advocacy” by constituents (e.g., faculty, staff, administrators, students, alumni, board of directors, and donors) in support of institutional priorities.