Funding received from foundations significantly impacts our students’ campus and learning experiences. Grants and gifts provide vital financial resources for:
- Scholarship opportunities
- Academic programs
- Capital projects on campus
- Service programs for the community
Foundation Relations provides the following services to faculty and staff who seek funding for priority projects of the University:
- Prospect identification and research
- Proposal coordination and development
- Planning on-campus site visits
- Editing and writing assistance for letters of inquiry and proposals
- Researching and collecting institutional data and materials
- Assisting with the preparation of grant reports
Foundation Relations coordinates its efforts with various areas of the campus community to capitalize on available opportunities for funding that can advance the University’s mission. For example, Foundation Relations works closely with the Office of Sponsored Research (OSR) to ensure that solicitations to prospective funders match the strategic priorities of John Carroll University. We also co-sponsor periodic grant writing workshops for faculty and staff. OSR is the central point of coordination for most faculty projects. As such, all faculty grant proposals should be coordinated through OSR. For more information, please visit the OSR website.
Any faculty or staff member interested in pursuing grant funding from a foundation should complete the Funding Request Form for University Projects. If you have any questions regarding foundation funding, please contact Pam George-Merrill, Director of Foundation Relations and Grant Writing at email@example.com or 216.397.1908.