Transfer Scholarships and Financial Aid


A list of grants and scholarships offered to transfer students by the University is included below. Some scholarships require a special application and some require only the FAFSA. Requirements are included in the scholarship/grant description. Please be aware that many funds are limited, so early application is suggested. A list of Outside Scholarships  can be found on our Student Enrollment and Financial Services Office web page.

John Carroll University Scholarship

Renewable scholarships are offered to full-time applicants based on their academic performance, strength of college-level coursework and participation in extracurricular activities. No application required.

John Carroll Grant

Renewable grants are based on a percentage of demonstrated need. No repayment is required. Must maintain full-time status. Application form: FAFSA.

Community College Scholarship

Students that matriculate from our local community colleges (Tri-C, Lakeland, and Lorain) are eligible for a $2,000 Articulation Award.

Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship

$2,000 awards are given to a select number of members of Phi Theta Kappa. The scholarship is renewable for a second year. No formal application is required; student must indicate membership on admission application and provide verification of membership at a later date and maintain full-time status while attending JCU. FAFSA completion is required.

Huntington Scholarship

Awards of $1,000-$3,000 are given to students who live in Cuyahoga county, are majoring in the natural sciences or accounting, and have a GPA of 2.5 or better and are attending JCU full-time. Application form: FAFSA.


Many undergraduate students qualify for a combination of merit-based scholarships and need-based grants. Educational loans, alternative loans, on-campus employment, and payment plans are designed to fill in the gap. The Student Enrollment and Financial Services office will try to help you bridge the gap between the University’s costs and your ability to meet those costs.

The first step is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at When you complete your FAFSA, you’ll be considered for a variety of state and federal financial aid programs including loans, grants, and work-study positions. Our school code is 003050.

We further analyze the results of your FAFSA to develop a financial aid package meant to decrease the difference between total cost of attending and your expected family contribution.

You can begin filing October 1, and we encourage completion by December 1.

To find out your eligibility for financial aid and estimate your out-of-pocket expenses, use our interactive net price calculator at