International transfer students are defined as international students who have taken college/university level courses after the completion of secondary school. The international transfer student requirements are:

  • Transfer student application, including your written essay
  • Official High school transcripts and university transcripts, with English translations and corresponding grading scales
  • TOEFL or IELTS test scores (For any non-native English speakers or for those students we deem it necessary,TOEFL preferred minimum scores: 550 paper-based, 79 internet-based, IELTS preferred minimum score: 6.5) and/or results of any other standardized testing (SAT or ACT)
  • Completed Transfer Student Reference Form (to be completed by someone at your current or the most recently attended school)
  • Sevis Transfer Form and a copy of your current visa paperwork (If you are already in the U.S. on another visa). This is needed after you are admitted and have confirmed your intent to enroll.
  • Photocopy of your passport

If a copy of your passport is not available at the time of admission, our committee will still review your application for admission to the University as long as we receive all of the other documents. Students who are accepted to the University will also be required to turn in a completed Financial Guarantee Statement. This statement and the copy of your passport are required in order for John Carroll to process and issue the necessary paperwork for students to obtain a student visa (I-20 and DS 20 19 forms).

Please be aware that applications for international students must be received several weeks before the start of the semester especially if the student is NOT already in the United States. Recommended deadlines: Fall semester – July 1, Spring semester – December 1.

Additionally, though not required for admission to the University, all students must have proof of health insurance before reporting to campus.