John Carroll University welcomes the opportunity to host chaperoned groups of students on our campus. We offer group visits that cater to high school or college age students from high schools, community colleges, college access organizations, and community-based organizations.
Visits typically include a campus walking tour and an information session. Please allow at least two hours for your visit to campus.
In order to best coordinate your visit, we ask that you follow the established guidelines:
Group Visit Age Requirement
- We are grateful for the efforts of educators and organizations that aim to introduce elementary and middle school students to higher education. However, due to limited office resources, we are unable to accommodate groups of this age for visits through the Office of Admission.
- We also feel that in this rapidly changing environment, what is shared with students at such a young age will inevitably be different when they go through the process. The best way to prepare them for college is to encourage them to work hard and do well in their studies leading to – and including – high school.
- Walking tours are one hour unless otherwise modified for your group. Plan to wear comfortable clothing and shoes. Please plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before your visit so that our staff can provide you with the full John Carroll experience that you have scheduled. Please be prompt.
- Group visits are designed for 10 or more high school students, and are limited to 50 students. Chaperones from your organization must accompany your group at all times. We request one chaperone for every 10 students.
- We are excited to host your group on campus and hope to provide a meaningful and pleasant experience for everyone. John Carroll is a Jesuit Catholic university with a commitment to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment. Please ensure that your students show the same respect to our students, faculty, and staff. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
- Students and chaperones should not be talking or texting on their phones, listening to music, or be engaged in other activities that take their attention away from the professional enrollment staff member or student tour guide.
Scheduling and Special Requests
- Please schedule your visit at least two weeks in advance.
- We are unable to provide meals or transportation for your group visit.
- Note that visits may be limited on select days due to campus events or other visiting groups, so please have alternate dates in mind when completing your request.
- We offer group visits on most Mondays through Thursdays throughout the year.
- We are unable to accommodate groups during the months of March and April due to heavy visitor volume.
- Should you have any questions or specific requests, please contact Joanne Baudo, coordinator of group visits, at 216.397.4650.
- Click here to submit your request for a group visit. Someone from our staff will follow up with your request generally within 2-3 business days.
- Should you need to cancel your group visit, kindly contact Joanne Baudo at 216.397.4650 at least three days before your scheduled visit date.