Transient Admission

College students attending another institution having a grade-point average of C (2.0 on a 4.0 scale) or better and eligible to return to their own colleges or university may be admitted as transient students. Transient students must download, print, complete, and submit a Transient Student (Summer School) Admission Application. A transcript of previously taken college course work may be requested at the time of registration to verify good academic standing at the home institution.

Students who do not plan to return to their own colleges are not considered transient students and should apply for admission as transfer students.

High school students who are interested in taking John Carroll courses should visit our College Credit Plus web page for detailed information.

Summer Admission

Summer entrants who plan to continue studies in the fall semester as full-time students in one of the undergraduate divisions should submit applications according to regular admission procedures. Please note that summer sessions are not designed to ease the transition between the high school and college years.

A schedule of courses is listed online. Transient students must be in good academic standing and complete the application form found here.

Partnership with the Cleveland Clinic’s Office of Civic Education Initiatives

The College of Arts & Sciences is pleased to offer John Carroll credit to qualified high school students who participate in the Cleveland Clinic’s Summer Internship offered through the Office of Civic Education Initatives. Students who participate in the summer program have the option to choose, upon enrollment, college credit. In this case the cost of the program is funded entirely by the student’s family. (Tuition for three semester credits is $900; this represents a tuition discount for students enrolled in the CCF programs.)

For admission criteria, application procedures, and a copy of the application, click here.