To be considered as a transfer student, you must have previously earned a high school diploma or equivalent and be in good standing at the time of application. Please know that the completion of any college-level courses while in high school alone does not make you a transfer student and would require you to complete an application for freshman admission. If you have previously attended John Carroll, you are considered a readmit student student and would need to complete the readmit student application found here.
For those who have attended only one college or university, the most recent term average and the cumulative average must be 2.0 or better to be considered for admission. For those who have attended more than one college or university, the most recent term average and the cumulative average at the home school must be 2.0 or better to be considered for admission. In addition, the cumulative average for all schools attended must be 2.0 or better. A GPA of 2.50 or above, however, is recommended for admission.
For transfer students it is easy and free to apply to John Carroll University! There is no application fee. Just follow these steps:
- Complete our online application.
- Arrange to have complete credentials sent directly to the Office of Admission. Complete credentials include:
- A Transfer Reference Form from your current school (or school most recently attended).
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. Official transcripts must be mailed directly to John Carroll from each college or university (we are unable to accept hand-delivered transcripts). Failure to report collegiate level attendance at any institution will make a student liable for immediate dismissal.
- A high school transcript and SAT or ACT scores must be submitted ONLY for applicants who have completed fewer than 24 semester hours at a college or university.
- If necessary, arrange to have official scores of any AP, IB, or CLEP test results sent to the Office of Admission.
Please have all documents sent to the following address:
John Carroll University Enrollment Division
1 John Carroll Boulevard
University Heights, OH 44118
International transfer students click here.