To be considered as a transfer student, you must have previously earned a high school diploma or equivalent. Please know that the completion of any college-level courses while in high school alone does not make you a transfer student and would require you to complete an application for freshman admission.

Applying to John Carroll University is easy and free! There is no application fee. Just follow these steps:

  1. TO APPLY FOR THE SPRING 2016 SEMESTER – Complete our online application. TO APPLY FOR THE FALL 2016 SEMESTER – Complete our new online application.
  2. Arrange to have complete credentials sent directly to the Office of Admission. Complete credentials include:
    • Transfer Reference Form from your current school (or school most recently attended).
    • Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. Official transcripts must be mailed directly to John Carroll from each college or university (we are unable to accept hand-delivered transcripts). Failure to report collegiate level attendance at any institution will make a student liable for immediate dismissal.
    • A high school transcript and SAT or ACT scores must be submitted ONLY for applicants who have completed fewer than 24 semester hours at a college or university.
  3. If necessary, arrange to have official scores of any AP, IB, or CLEP test results sent to the Office of Admission.


Please have all documents sent to the following address:

John Carroll University Enrollment Division
1 John Carroll Boulevard
University Heights, OH 44118


International transfer students click here.